The Poolees want you to enjoy swimming and to enjoy the Magic Maji Pool just like they do, so always follow the Swim Safe Rules at the pool or around any body of water! The Poolees want you to be happy AND safe when swimming and when visiting Spooshi Island. There are so many fun games and fun times at the pool, but never forget water can be dangerous.
- Learn how to swim before jumping into a pool or into any water!
- Always have adults with you at the pool to be safe (preferably a certified lifeguard)!
- Do NOT go near the water without learning to swim first and without adult supervision! You can't breathe under water!
- The ocean and rivers can have very strong currents, and pool filters can be dangerous. Always be careful.
- Do not push your friends into the pool. They may not be able to swim! It is NOT funny! It is a bad idea.
Cuddy Cat pushed Oli Owl into the pool! Bad cat! Do not push your friends in the pool!
No! No! No!
Below are some links to sites with swim safety tips. The Poolees Swim Safe Rules are not all-inclusive rules but are meant to point out the importance of keeping kids safe and educated when at the pool or around any body of water.
The Pool Safely Song
Pool Safety Tips
Red Cross Water Safety Tips
Red Cross Water Safety Quiz
Safekids Water Safety Tips
This link highlights the importance of learning to swim. Drowning is a number one cause of death for young kids.
Drowning Deaths and Injuries Infographic
This link has an interactive quiz for kids about pool safety!
Pool Safely's Adventures of Splish and Splash
Spooshi Co. and The Poolees take water and swim safety very seriously. The founder of Spooshi Co. has a dear family member, Marge, who lost her son, a very strong swimmer, to the dangers of the river currents. The founder herself, a strong swimmer, almost drowned multiple times surfing in the ocean. Family friends have lost children to pool accidents and others have similar stories. One can never be too careful around water although it is one of nature's amazing wonders here for us to enjoy.
The Swim Safe Rules are dedicated to Mike Overlot, Marge Overlot's son, an amazing athlete and strong swimmer.